I’d like to introduce a fabulous lady that has great taste, and knows what she wants and the grace to wait for it. Zena from P.S. I love this just recently married and is on a mission to fill her home with only the best. As you know sometimes I like to chat, to find out more about our guest, so let’s get started.
CMV: Why did you start blogging?
Zena: I started blogging when I got engaged. Although I work in the wedding industry, I became a totally different “all things bridal/wedding” zealot. I noticed that after the initial excitement of the engagement and upcoming nuptials, that the eyes of my friends and family began to glaze over every time I mentioned anything about our wedding. I didn’t want to inundate them with incessant wedding chatter so I started P.S. I Love This to channel all of my bridal frenzied obsession.
CMV: Five words that describe your blog as it is today.
Zena:Eclectic, Fun, Cheeky, Fabulous, Me
CMV: What is a typical day like for you?
Zena: I start my day off with a 5 mile walk/run, come back home to shower, check emails and a steaming bowl of oatmeal. I get back to any potential clients immediately, have a virtual meeting with my Event Managers and attend to any marketing, advertising, public relations and payroll duties. On any given day, I may meet with a bride for a consultation, have a pow-wow with my PR team or sit in a class to add to my business acumen or learn the latest and greatest in bridal beauty. Also the Hubs and I are looking for our first house, so trolling the net for homes and meeting with the realtor may be on the docket as well. All this is in addition to being a mom to a 17 year old and a 7 month old fur baby and being a fab wife to my new hubby.
CMV: 7 things that you love
Zena: This is hard.. I love so many things!
1) I love Charleston Chews, yup the old school candy. You can bribe me to do almost anything for the Chews.
2) I love entertaining. There’s no greater feeling than preparing a meal and connecting with the people you love and I like to do it with flair ala Eddie Ross.
3) I love shopping for housewares, furniture, shoes and clothes.. in that order. If I have money burning my pockets, the first place I go is to HomeGoods.
4) I love to curl up with a good book and get lost in it for a couple of hours. With my schedule, it’s quite an indulgence.
5) I love to go to the movies alone and it has to be a matinee. Can’t wait to see Twilight Eclipse!!
6) I LOVE going to the beach, the smell of the salty water, the sound of the crashing waves, the sand burning my feet, I just love it all! Speaking of which, I must pencil it in for tomorrow.
7) I love blogging!! I thought once the wedding was done that I wouldn’t have anything to talk about or share that anyone would be interested in. I’m always surprised when I log in and see that I have comments. It’s the biggest thrill! I have “met” some really cool people from seemingly everywhere. I’m exposed to the greatest ideas, finds and advice. My latest obsession is vintage treasure hunts and interior design all because of this wonderful thing called blogging.
CMV: Any recent finds or purchases that you are most proud of?
Zena: The regency chairs that I just bought from an antique dealer. I bought them sight unseen, just from a photo. I really loved them from the photo but the photo did them NOOOOOO justice. They are absolutely exquisite in person. They just need a lil’ TLC.
CMV: What’s in your purse you think you can’t live without?
Zena: My cellphone. It’s my lifeline to my family and business.
CMV: Anything else you’d like to tell readers ?
Zena: Thanks for the opportunity to share my little slice ‘o life.
Modern or Vintage or Combo of the 2 – Definitely Combo
sandals or flip flops – Sandals, sky high heel preferably
stove or microwave – microwave, I can make crispy bacon in 1 minute flat *nom nom nom*
house or condo – house
grits or oatmeal – Although I eat oatmeal everyday, I really savor grits.. with cheese… ooooh chile!
I’m just giddy with excitement to have been invited to Moonlite on Tonia’s fab blog, Chic Modern Vintage. *breakdances*
I figured since I’m knee deep in house hunting and ALLLL I can think about is interior design, I’d chat about my evolving aesthetic. Now, let me first preface by saying that I know squat about professional interior design but I do know what I think looks good to me.
Since my eyes have been opened to so much, thanks to CMV and all the other wonderful design/décor blogs out there, I have a VAST amount of inspiration that’s killing my poor laptop slowly.
Thanks Zena for taking time with CMV, please be sure to stop by and visit her at her place.